Five Minutes With... Ms Pink
Posted on juin 21 2018
Next up in our 'Five Minutes With...' series is self-proclaimed 'professional pattern clasher', colourful interiors expert Ms Pink, aka Tania James.
As one half of East London design duo Quirk & Rescue, Ms Pink knows exactly what it takes to transform a space from dull and drab to truly fabulous - read on to find out more from this interiors expert.
1. How did you fall in love with interior design?
My mum's an artist, so we had lots of weird and wonderful things around our house. Our hallway was wallpapered in a traditional Liberty print (Ianthe) and it was quite wild compared to my friends' homes.. I was actually a bit embarrassed when I was young but I soon came to realise it was awesome living in an unusual home.
2. What’s your favourite colour to bring into the home?
I didn’t have to think twice to answer this - it's neon pink, neon orange and neon yellow! (Sorry, that's three!)
3. Maximalism or minimalism?
Maximalism, as I love to have loads of things to look at.
4. What’s the one piece in your home that always makes you smile?
Our hallway wall of trays - make sure you take a look at our Instagram!
5. Any interiors disasters you’d care to tell us about?
I honestly can't think of any... (A lady confident in her own tastes - that's what we LOVE to see!)
6. What’s your golden rule for interior decorating, the failsafe tip you give everybody?
It’s your home, your space, so choose what you love, even if no one else loves it! This applies from paint colours to ornaments and everything in between.
7. What's your interiors trends predictions for 2018?
I never pay any attention to trends in any way shape or form!
Huge thanks to Ms Pink for sharing with us her fun and free-spirited way of looking at interiors - it's inspirational!
For more from Ms Pink and Quirk & Rescue, make sure you check out the Instagram and the website too.